The rooting capacity of the vine is surprising. Despite the fact that, in the case of the albariza, the soil is made up of compacted, almost petrified mud, roots have been found even at a depth of 15 metres.
This, together with its capacity to retain humidity and its mineral richness, means that vines continue to sprout from these roots every year after 30 years of being uprooted.
In the 18th century, this vineyard first belonged to José-Francisco Pineda and Josefa Enanzueta and then to their children José-María (beneficiary of the Mayor Prioral Church in El Puerto), Francisco-Javier (lieutenant in the navy) and Pedro (brigadier in the Navy).
José de la Herrán bought it from the Pineda brothers and sold it in 1814 to Jerónimo Malagamba Vallarino (of the Guatemala trade), from whom it passed to his sister-in-law Jacinta García (Lorenzo Malagamba's wife) and then to his niece María-Manuela Malagamba in 1825. The following year it was acquired by Tomás Ravina and Agustín Albertis.
At the end of the 20th century, this estate was part of the vineyards that the important wine company Osborne y Cª. cultivated in El Puerto and Jerez before selling it.
At the beginning of the 1990s, almost 20 hectares of vineyards were replaced by conventional crops.