This vineyard is one example of the many in the area that merchants and exporters ended up acquiring in the face of the exponential growth of the wine industry in the area.
All of this was undoubtedly due, not only to the technological advances of steam navigation that allowed more cargo and speed, but also to the high productivity of these lands.
Between 1844 and 1850, the British merchant Carlos Sutton Campbell formed this vineyard by grouping together three small adjoining plots of land bought from Juana Linch, Francisco Martínez (alias, the Utrerano) and María-Dolores Vaca.
Campbell gave the vineyard his wife's first name: Maria-Luisa Walsh Linch.
However, the vineyard is also known as Campbell and Cambre, a phonetic and spelling modification of the surname of its first owner, as it appears on some maps..
Campbell was one of the few British businessmen who owned vineyards in El Puerto in the 19th century. He also maintained an active winery with a considerable production dedicated to export, especially to the British Isles.